Sunday, July 13, 2008

Litigation Crazed



In my view, this story is just one more illustration of the hypersensitivity pervading our culture, thanks to political correctness and the emphasis on self-esteem at all costs:
Zondervan faces $60M federal lawsuit over Bible, homosexuality

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD)--Christian publisher Zondervan is facing a $60 million federal lawsuit filed by a man who claims he and other homosexuals have suffered based on what the suit claims is a misinterpretation of the Bible.

[...]

[Bradley Fowler's] suit centers on one passage in scripture -- 1 Corinthians 6:9 -- and how it reads in Bibles published by Zondervan.

[...]

Fowler says his family's pastor used that Zondervan Bible, and because of it his family considered him a sinner and he suffered....
Read the entire article HERE.

In addition to suing for $60 million, Fowler is demanding an apology, all because the passage in Corinthians caused him and others emotional and mental distress for the past twenty years. The "objectionable" Zondervan versions cited were published in 1982 and 1987.

Remember James Brown's "I Feel Good"?

A video from yesteryear:



YouTube Link

Lyrics:
Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you

Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

When I hold you in my arms
I know that I can't do no wrong
and when I hold you in my arms
My love won't do you no harm

And I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

So good, so good, I got you
HEY!!
We need new lyrics for our litigious-crazed society: "I feel bad. I knew that I would now...." The possibilities are endless — even new words using information from "The List of Things That Offend Muslims." Or perhaps we could create new words for the music by using a list of things that offend infidels.


Any lyricists out there? This little activity can be such fun!

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 7/13/2008 06:00:00 AM  

|