Saturday, August 04, 2007

Tagged! Blogger Reflection Awards

The Merry Widow tagged me, and Beak mentioned me as well. Due to a road trip to upstate New York, the resulting decompression after the trip, and my having to struggle as to which bloggers to name and which to leave out (**sigh**), I'm a bit delayed in posting my Blogger Refection Awards. Below are the rules and my list of awardees, along with some honorable mentions (by no means an exhaustive list):



Here are the rules:

1. Copy this post (meaning the rules).
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.

"This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy . . . of knowing them and being blessed by them.”
I hereby award each of the following bloggers the Blogger Reflection Award:

1. Jason of Liberty and Culture: Over two years ago, when I first started blogging at the invitation of Northern Virginiastan, I had a limited range of acquaintances, most of whom I met at Jihad Watch. Jason had declared his atheism in a comment there, but in that same comment he showed that he recognized the threat of Islam. I hopped over to his site and read his essay "Is Islam Evil?" Then I returned to the thread at Jihad Watch, declared my faith in Christ, and announced that I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with any who recognize the enemy. I'm proud to count Jason as a friend, a blessing, and a teacher.

2. Beak of The Beak Speaks: I met Beak via Jason's site. I was drawn to Beak after I discovered that he was present in NYC for WTC 93 and 9/11. After I had posted a few comments at his site, Beak invited me to meet other bloggers who frequented the site by introducing me at the electronic bar, one of the features of his blog at the time. Newbie and upstart that I was, I inquired as to the rules of etiquette; that ignorance brought a few laughs but no ridicule. Like most bloggers, Beak at first assumed I was a man, and it was at Beak's site that I revealed that I am a woman. I count Beak and his longtime friends, especially Warren and Mr. Beamish, as my cyberfamily. No matter how far I roam, I always return to Beak's site.

3. Mustang of Social Sense: This inactive Marine, whom I met at Beak's site, is my first and best cyberfriend. Back in my ignorant days of the dangers of the Internet, I revealed to him my name and telephone number — right off the bat! I had thought that with the name "Mustang," he must have a Ford Mustang. Soon he disabused me of that notion and explained that in the Marines a mustang is an enlistee who rose to the position of officer by coming up through the ranks. Mustang helped me to customize my sidebar, to enable links in postings, to work in HTML, and several other of the blogging ins-and-outs. Early on, at his instigation, we co-wrote "Our Own Gullibity," an essay which appeared on several web sites. Mustang has been such a blessing to me that I cannot possibly enumerate all the details, which go beyond mere blogging! Once again, I want to thank him publicly for being my dear and wise friend.

4. Warren of Long Range: My "adopted" big brother and voluntary designer of my avatar, Warren is one special gentlemen whose soul reflects the light of the Holy Spirit. Way back when, Beak referred to Warren as "everyone's best friend"; I didn't understand that moniker at the time, but I do now. I've learned that to know Warren is to love him — provided you're not a leftist or a troll. I'm proud and blest to count Warren as my team blogger, though he doesn't post often at this site. I can't possibly thank Warren enough for all that he's done and continues to do for me. He has the passwords to all my Internet accounts and sites so as to unball the messes I occasionally create with HTML. Mr. AOW and I are going to get to know Warren better and face-to-face when we travel to Warren's home for our end-of-summer vacation.

5. Pastorius of CUANAS (Citizens United Against the New Anti-Semisitm) and Infidel Bloggers Alliance: Fellow Christian and outspoken counter-jihadist whom I originally found at Jihad Watch, Pastorius posts a variety of items and articles at his main site. Along with other bloggers, he co-started Infidel Bloggers Alliance and Maverick News Media, both of which are sites which carry stories and analyses which the mainstream news and dhimmis are afraid to disseminate. Pastorius can be acerbic and humorous (both of which traits I love) as he fearlessly wages counter-jihad and takes a stand for Western civilization. Most importantly, he is strong in his commitment to our Lord Jesus Christ. For example, take a look at one of his recent postings: "Is the Christian Church Producing Atheists Because Of A Lack Df Substantive Teaching?"

I also have to mention Mr. Beamish (satirist supreme, who conspired with Warren to design my avatar), WC (who has given me the opportunity of co-hosting a radio show and who is the author of the excellent e-book on my right sidebar) Angel (always on my blog rounds), Mark Alexander (whose web site and book are excellent and a must-read, and whose speaking voice is a natural for Books on Tape), American Crusader (who is fearless in his on-spot analyses), Shah Alexander (who has taught me a lot about Asian affairs) Steve (friend of Andrew Whitehead of Anti-CAIR and with whom Mr. AOW and I attended A Gathering of Eagles on March 17), EB (with whom my phone conversations are so uplifting and who is ever in my prayers) Cubed (See this, this, and this), Farmer (philosopher and deep thinker with whom I've had several interesting discussions about brain matters and music), Nanc (my "adopted" sister who helped me to start my pig collection), and The Merry Widow (my "adopted" sister who puts current events into Christian perspective, sends me care packages. and prays for me daily).

And, believe it or not, I have to mention Duck, the inveterate leftist dissenter who, over the course of more than two years, has argued with me and ridiculed me, thus teaching me patience. How many times I have wanted to fire off an ugly comment directed at Duck! Instead, I have tried to remember and to personify how my God and my Lord teaches me to measure my words. Yes, Duck is a blessing to me, even though we rarely agree.

Note: Apologies to all the friends I've omitted! If I were to continue here, I'd max out my bandwidth.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 8/04/2007 05:00:00 AM  

|