Monday, April 06, 2009

Why Even Bother To File Taxes?

(Hat tip to The Average American)

Today, Mr. AOW and I signed off on our electronic filing for our 2008 taxes. Maybe we shouldn't have bothered:



Also see the comments at YouTube.
-----
Have you ever known anybody who, for whatever reason, didn't pay federal taxes? I have. The result: penalties, interest, seizure of assets, etc. Indeed, I myself got slammed with a penalty last year because I inadvertently underestimated my quarterly payments to Uncle Sam.

But thus saith the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the U.S. Senate (paraphrase): Our tax monies are not being forcibly taken from us. We have a voluntary system, and that is a "fact of the matter."

Huh?

I want my penalty dollars refunded. Now.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 4/06/2009 06:07:00 PM  

|