Saturday, July 04, 2009

Independence Day 2009: The Fifty-Six Who Signed

(Posted July 2 and stuck here through Independence Day Weekend)

Something we should meditate upon as we celebrate our nation's birthday:



Watching the above video got me to thinking about the state of our commitment to patriotism today. How many of us right now would be brave enough and committed enough to put everything on the line for the sake of the ideals of freedom? How many of us right now are willing today to emulate our Founders and to step outside our comfort zone so that the ideals we claim to hold dear can be upheld and passed to our posterity? We are the heirs of the sacrifices and the dedication of our Founders — and of those patriots who came after them. Today I'm wondering how many Americans are worthy to be rightful heirs.
--------
We see our President and commander in chief constantly undertaking apology tours both abroad and online, speaking in demeaning terms of our nation. Indeed, BHO has harshly criticized America for being arrogant. I won't defile this Independence Day by embedding the video on a posting dedicated to the upcoming celebration of our nation's birthday, but if you need a reminder, you can watch the video HERE as the President of the United States shamed our nation with his words. In an excellent counter-argument, my good friend Mustang has some thoughts on the matter in his Independence Day posting "Arrogant Americans." I urge you to check it out.

On this Independence Day, as I celebrate our nation's birthday by watching the traditional fireworks, I will be celebrating the "arrogance" of our daring Founders, our patriotic ancestors, and our present-day patriots. I will dare to be an "arrogant American"!

I will put aside my anger and frustration with this present administration and will focus instead on what is right with America and on what those fifty-six signers passed down to me from over two centuries ago.

And I will say yet another prayer for America:



Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 7/04/2009 11:59:00 PM  

|