This Week's Dose Of Outrage
From this posting at Infidel Bloggers Alliance, "Obama and Napolitano Decide to Slash Anti-terrorism Funds 11 Days after Times Square Bomb Try":
WASHINGTON (NY Daily News) - The Department of Homeland Security decided Wednesday to go through with cuts to New York anti-terrorism funding, just 11 days after the Times Square car bombing attempt.
Rep. Pete King's office said the final DHS budget decision for the year gives the New York City area $111 million for transit security - a 27% cut from last year's funding of $153 million.Does the Obama Administration just not get it? Or does this administration care more about reaching out to the Islamic world than about protecting America? You decide.
Also, the port security program for the metro-area is area is getting chopped from $45 million to $33.8 million - a cut of 25%.
The cuts had been proposed before but King said he thought that after the botched bombing attempt in Times Square - a literal crossroad and major transit hub - that officials would reconsider.
"The fact that the Obama administration would cut New York's homeland security funding just 11 days after the Times Square car bomb attempt is dangerous and unconscionable," the Long Island Republican said.
"The threat against New York City, the top target of al-Qaeda, is increasing, not decreasing. In fact, since 9/11, New York City has been the target of at least 11 foiled terror plots. Yet the Obama Administration is inexplicably slashing New York's homeland security funding," he said.
Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) joined the chorus of outrage.
"For the administration to announce these cuts two weeks after the attempted Times Square bombing shows they just don't get it and are not doing right by New York City on anti-terrorism funding," he said, "Instead of distributing funding all over the country, they should focus their attention where the greatest threat exists -- right here in New York."