Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Verizon Comes Today

For weeks now, coordinating almost perfectly with the end of classes and my having more time to spend on the web, my Internet connection has been inconsistent.

Sometimes I can't get a connection, and often when I do get a connection, I suddenly get booted off when the DSL connection fails. I have found no discernible pattern to the glitch.

Over the past few weeks, I've spent hours groveling around on the floor while speaking to a Verizon tech on the phone in a futile attempt to resolve the problem. To Verizon's credit, the company did put a monitor on my DSL line such that I got an automated phone call stating, in effect, "Our testing shows that your DSL line doesn't meet the quality of our high standards. A service call is now required."

Verizon's repair efficiency for telephone service doesn't have a good track record, but repair for DSL service typically is better. I'll find out about the reliability of the latter sometime today — assuming that the technician comes. "Mohammed" (Oh, joy!) did phone yesterday to confirm the appointment.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 6/22/2010 06:10:00 AM  

|