Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Humor

(If you must have politics without humor, please scroll down)

With a hat tip to Z! for making me aware of the poem below:

I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals,
I do not like their secret deals.
I do not like this speaker Nan,
I do not like this 'YES WE CAN'.
I do not like this spending spree,
I'm smart, I know that nothing's free,
I do not like your smug replies, when I complain about your lies.
I do not like this kind of hope.
I do not like it you BIG Dope.
I do not like it NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!

Read about Dr. Seuss below the fold.

Before there was The Cat in the Hat, Theodor Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss) drew over 400 political cartoons. His many cartoons focus on World War II and the major political players during the wartime era, including Roosevelt, Hitler, Mussolini, Phillipe Petain, and Winston Churchill.

[...]

Starting in 1942, Seuss put even more energy into supporting the U.S. war effort. He drew posters, akin to his political cartoons, for the Treasury Department and the War Production Board. In 1943 he joined Frank Capra's Signal Corps and began making movies for the Army, including an animated short in his usual style titled "Private Snafu." This marks the end of Seuss' career as a political cartoonist. [source]
So, of course, Dr. Seuss didn't really write the poem in this post. HERE is the claimed author.

Would Dr. Seuss have penned the above poem? You decide by reading these two links.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 7/11/2010 08:30:00 AM  

|