Monday, October 25, 2010

FIOS To Arrive Today (Update: NOT!)

Verizon is due to spend hours at my house this afternoon so as to install FIOS access.

Once I have FIOS, perhaps I won't be thinking so often about shooting my computers. My biggest issue with Internet access has been connection speed with DSL, and FIOS should correct that problem.

The Verizon technician is going to have a real challenge installing FIOS in this old house. The house has a strange design, to say the least.

FIOS Installation is estimated to take four to six hours. But I know from past experience that any upgrades to this house take longer than the norm.

And I'll be pitying that technician if he has to work in the fetid crawlspace, which some previous cats used as their litter box. Ewwwwwww!

It's going to be an interesting afternoon.

Update @ 6:26 PM EDT: Glitch! Something about somebody's already having used the available FIOS line for my house. Verizon will have to wire another line at the pole. **sigh**

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 10/25/2010 11:00:00 AM  

|