Wednesday, November 03, 2010

FIOS At Last!



It took Verizon three tries and at least three technicians to get FIOS installed and up and running here at my house.

I actually felt sorry for the second technician. He arrived Monday afternoon around 3:30, pronounced how easy this job was going to be, and left, defeated, after 10:00. Apparently, Verizon installed the FIOS line on a pole in an unexpected location.

When I got home yesterday evening, the technician was in my upstairs office and working on getting my desktop to recognize the wireless router, which my laptop immediately recognized, by the way. After two more hours of agony with my desktop, the technician finally called in reinforcements, and I had two technicians working in my upstairs office at the same time.

In short order, this last technician corrected the glitch, whatever it was.

I'm up and running with FIOS and screaming along at high speed. Finally!

There's never been anything easy about modernizing this old house.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 11/03/2010 03:00:00 PM  

|