Saturday, June 23, 2007

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Politics

(Each "Question of the Week," an idea which I gleaned from A Republic If You Can Keep It, will remain toward the top of the blog until the next question appears. The previous Questions of the Week are HERE. Please scroll down for recent postings)

Recently, Rudy Giuliani released a list entitled "12 Commitments to America," along with a petition to sign. [Hat-tip to Cassandra, recent interviewee on The Gathering Storm Radio Show and author of Escape! From An Arab Marriage: Horror Stories of Women Who Fled From Abusive Muslim Husbands, for sending me the link below]
---------------------------------------
Here is the list, with numbers added by me to facilitate discussion of the points:
1. I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists' War on Us.

2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.

3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.

4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.

5. I will impose accountability on Washington.

6. I will lead America towards energy independence.

7. I will give Americans more control over and access to healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.

8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.

9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.

10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.

11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.

12. I will expand America's involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.
Petition to Join Rudy

At the moment, polls show that Rudy Giuliani is the leading Republican contender and possibly the only Republican who can defeat any of the Democratic candidates mentioned so far.



QUESTION OF THE WEEK (in two parts):
(1) What is your opinion of the above 12 points? (2) How do you feel about Rudy Giuliani as the 2008 Republican nominee for President?

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 6/23/2007 09:00:00 PM  

|