Sunday, September 13, 2009

The 9/12 March on Washington: Photo Essay 1

I was there at the 912 March on Washington with my husband, The Beak, my student MJB, and some blogging friends.

Folks, this event was huge! So huge, in fact, that the march had to begin at least an hour early because protesters were jamming the streets and side streets of Washington, D.C.

The mainstream media and even some in the alternative media are not recognizing the importance of the 912 March on Washington! Astroturf, not.

BEGIN PHOTO ESSAY (all photos unedited)

The following picture taken at the statuary on the west edge of the Capitol Hill Lawn doesn't show the crowd but expresses the sentiments I saw from many of the protesters:


The pictures below the fold were taken during the march itself:







At the footsteps on the west side of Capitol Hill:



A vista view looking toward the west side of Capitol Hill:



A sea of people covered the area from Capitol Hill to the Washington Monument! Furthermore, more protesters covered many of the side streets.

All worn out, Mr. AOW and I headed back to Union Station around 2:00 PM. People were still arriving from Union Station and from buses which had finally made their way through the traffic jams on all the roads feeding into our nation's capital!

ABC News estimated the numbers before everyone had arrived. The estimate is low. I know this for a fact because the estimate was announced as people were still streaming in, getting as close as they could to Capitol Hill.

I've lived in the D.C. area all my life and tell you that I've never before seen any event like this here before.

As soon as possible, I will be posting additional photos.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 9/13/2009 11:29:00 AM  

|