Sunday, January 03, 2010

Annus Horribilis 2009 Grinds To An End

(Note to family and friends: The most recent update on Mr. AOW is here, updated December 12. Also see this post).

Sticky post through New Year's weekend. Please scroll down for my January 2 post.


I'll be rejoicing when the calendar turns over to 2010. I can't wait to put 2009 behind me and wish for the day this sorry year is a distant memory — both politically and personally!
--------
In a few days, I'll be posting a personal essay about one aspect of this annus horribilis.

Maybe 2010 will be worse than 2009, but I can't imagine how. Indeed, I don't want to consider how!

In spite of all the agony of 2009, especially being thrust into the role of caregiving Mr. AOW after his stroke in September, a mere two days after the 9/12 March on Washington, as the new year arrives, Mr. AOW and I celebrate life and count the blessings we have.

Take my hard-learned advice: Don't wait for a life-changing event to count your own blessings.

Happy New Year to all who stop by here.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 1/03/2010 11:59:00 PM  

|