Friday, October 23, 2009

The Idiocy Of Political Correctness

Note to family and friends: Updates on Mr. AOW are being added to this post, last updated on October 23.

With a hat tip to Duncan of And Rightly So, from Fox News:
LOS ANGELES — A Southern California immigrant rights group on Friday asked the Target store chain and a costume company to stop selling an "illegal alien" Halloween costume it said is offensive to immigrants.

[...]

Target is removing the costume from the site after receiving several complaints, company spokesman Joshua Thomas said Friday. The store never intended to sell the outfit but included it in its online offerings by mistake, he said.
See the offending costume below the fold:


Actually, I find the costume rather amusing. Perhaps I have a warped sense of humor.

This costume, on the other hand, hasn't caused a flap. Yet. Why not?

Besides, I thought that Halloween was supposed to be FUN.

I recall the family story about when my uncle somehow got the cow upstairs to the principal's office and left her there overnight. This prank was played in the 1930s, and my uncle's punishment was the cleanup, which took him an entire day. No suspension from school was imposed. I guess that those days are gone forever.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 10/23/2009 05:00:00 AM  

|