At UC Irvine
(If you desire a break from politics, please scroll down to the post below)
From Infidel Bloggers Alliance:
Information about Malik Ali below the fold.
From Discover The Networks, an invaluable resource:
Amir-Abdel Malik-Ali (also known as Abdul Malik Ali and Abd Al-Malik) is a black Imam associated with the Masjid Al Islam mosque in Oakland. A graduate of San Francisco State University and a former Nation of Islam member, he is a frequent guest lecturer at Muslim Student Union and Muslim Students Association events. A passionate supporter of Hamas and Hezbollah, he helped organize a July 1999 rally in San Francisco at which Imam Abdul-Alim Musa proudly displayed a cashier’s check made out to “Hamas, Palestine.” Malik-Ali endorses suicide bombings as a legitimate “resistance” tactic: “Palestinian mothers are supporting their children who are suicide bombers, saying, ‘Go honey, go!’ That ain’t suicide; that’s martyrdom.”Read it all. The article has embedded links.
Malik-Ali is a favorite guest speaker of UC Irvine’s Muslim Student Union (MSU).
Also among Malik-Ali’s notable quotes and positions are the following:* “The enemies of Islam know that when we come back to power we’re gonna check ’em.”
* “Stay conscious and ask Allah to raise the Muslims and give us victory over the disbeliever.”
* “When it’s all over, the only one standing is gonna be us [Muslims].”
* “Sooner or later, today’s Muslim students will be the parents of Muslim children. And they should be militants.”
* “Neo-cons are all Zionist Jews.”
* “The wars against Iraq [Gulf War and Operation Iraqi Freedom] were manufactured by the Jews in America to avert attention from the two [Palestinian] Intifadas.”
* “You [Jews] made all the mistakes we wanted you to make. You went after [former Georgia congresswoman] Cynthia McKinney. So now black folks don’t like you.... You’re walking into all the traps we want you to walk into. You hijacked American foreign policy.”
* “[T]he Israelis were in control of 9-11,” which “was staged to give an excuse to wage war against Muslims around the world.”
* Israelis ought to return “to Germany, to Poland, to Russia. The Germans should hook y’all up. You [Israelis] should go back to Germany.”
* “In America, you’re mostly fighting with your tongue, but you should also learn how to fight with the sword.”
* At the Sixth Annual Muslim Student Association Conference held at UC Berkeley in February 2004, Malik-Ali denounced “the white man, who is the enemy.”
* At the Universal Heritage Foundation’s December 2003 Islamic Conference in Florida, he warned moderate American Muslims that their desire to be “liked” was turning them into “‘house slaves’ in the mansion of a racist, imperialistic and destructive America.”
* He has described Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as a “pretty good guy.”
Onyx Magazine, the annual awards gala of which is sponsored every year by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida (Floridians, how are your health-insurance premiums these days?), has referred to Ali as "defender of the people."
Apparently, Ali is quite selective as to exactly which people he supports and defends.
One can hope that Ali doesn't gain much support on the campus of UC Irvine. But the fact remains that this traitor and racist is repeatedly invited back there.