Saturday, September 18, 2010

Modem Issues

Please scroll down for my weekend video, a break from politics.

As if my life weren't busy enough, within the past week, on the heels of returning to work, I had to have Windows re-installed on my laptop because of a corrupted dll file. I barely got my laptop up and running, after hours of Windows updates as the re-installation was that of an old and outdated version of Windows XP, when my modem burned out.

As the saying goes, "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all."

I've found a slow neighborhood wireless connection (unsecured) and will post, make blog rounds, and respond to emails and comments as I'm able to do so. At least I'm now able to access the web!

I still have bookmarks to re-instate and passwords to recover. Finding time to get those tasks done is difficult. I have stacks of papers to grade.

Anyway, I'm still here, albeit a bit quiet.

You know, computers are wonderful tools. But only when they work properly! I admit that when my computer doesn't behave the way I tell it to behave, I want to shoot the confounded contraption.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch @ 9/18/2010 08:49:00 AM  

|